Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark goes green.
The Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark, a hotel of the Verkehrsbüro Hotellerie GmbH, and all its employees are committed to sustainability, seek to conserve resources, strive for continuous quality improvements and make every effort to raise environmental awareness among employees, partners and suppliers.
In terms of environmental management, the Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark will...
- provide all employees with the necessary training and refresher courses to uphold and enhance environmental awareness within the hotel,
- carefully review and optimise energy and water consumption and the consumption of chemicals,
- carefully select our suppliers in strive of a more environmentally friendly procurement,
- promote our environmental agenda to guests and suppliers and include them in our ambitions to protect and sustain the environment for future generations,
- show our social commitment by supporting charitable activities and joint projects with training centres for jobs in the tourism industry,
- take on social responsibility by providing our employees with free health care at the hotel and offering a wide range of courses to promote a better work life balance.
Energy management & waste management
- Our hotel is connected to eco-friendly district heating
- Use of energy-saving lighting technology and successive transition to LED lighting in all public areas
- Adaptation of the everyday workflow for saving paper and reducing the daily amounts of waste
- Gradual transition to paperless office solutions in all possible areas and ongoing evaluation of waste-reduction
- Predominant use of returnable containers in the production areas (food, beverages) to avoid waste
- Active involvement of staff and guests in the waste separation and reuse of valuable raw materials
Quality improvement through food products of highest quality
- We work with local suppliers to avoid that our valuable food has to be transported over long distances
- Use of biological products on our breakfast buffet and ongoing cooperation with the BIO-suppliers Sonnentor (tea, coffee, cereal)
- In our hotel kitchen we process eggs from happy free-range hens
- Far-reaching renunciation of disposable packaging in the food and beverage area to avoid unnecessary waste
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning products in all areas and ongoing optimization of detergent use
- Reduction of disposable packaging in the field of hygiene products
- Special offers at particularly favorable conditions for our guests who arrive by public transport
- Our hotel is run as a Non smoking hotel!
We regularly review and analyse our actions to ensure continual improvement in the future.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel, wish you a nice stay and thank you for your assistance.
The team of the Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark