Our environmental policy
Austria Trend Hotel beim Theresianum goes green.
The Austria Trend Hotel beim Theresianum in Vienna, a hotel of the Verkehrsbüro Hotellerie GmbH, and all its employees are committed to sustainability, seek to conserve resources, strive for continuous quality improvements and make every effort to raise environmental awareness among employees, partners and suppliers.
Our focus is on the following areas:
In terms of environmental management, the Austria Trend beim Theresianum will...
- provide all employees with the necessary training and refresher courses to uphold and enhance environmental awareness within the hotel,
- carefully review and optimise energy and water consumption and the consumption of chemicals,
- carefully select our suppliers in strive of a more environmentally friendly procurement,
- promote our environmental agenda to guests and suppliers and include them in our ambitions to protect and sustain the environment for future generations,
- show our social commitment by supporting charitable activities and joint projects with training centres for jobs in the tourism industry,
- take on social responsibility by providing our employees with free health care at the hotel and offering a wide range of courses to promote a better work life balance.
- support sustainable investment projects
Conservation of resources by reducing waste and saving energy and water:
- Our hotel is connected to eco-friendly district heating.
- We use energy saving lighting technology.
- We have implemented a more efficient process design to reduce unnecessary paper consumption.
- We promote our environmental agenda to our guests. Recycling bins in the public hotel areas allow them to support us in our endeavour by sorting waste, making sure that valuable materials can be recycled.
- We mainly use reusable containers in our production areas (food, beverages) to avoid waste.
Quality improvement through food products of highest quality
- We work with local suppliers to avoid that our valuable food has to be transported over long distances.
- Use of organic food products.
- Reduction of disposable packaging of food and beverages
- Reduction of disposable packaging of toiletries for our guests to a minimum
- Active use of citywide offers regarding eco-friendly travelling as well as recommendations for city hiking, running and bike routes around the hotel
- We are a non smoking hotel
Taking a look into the future
We regularly review and analyse our actions to ensure continual improvement in the future and we are committed to reach the goals above.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel, wish you a nice stay and thank you for your assistance.
The team of the Austria Trend Hotel beim Theresianum