Environment and sustainability concept
„The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it“ (Robert Swan)
Our environmental declaration
At the Austria Trend Hotel Congress Innsbruck, sustainability and resource conservation are not empty words, but an important part of our daily work. As a hotel of Verkehrsbüro Hotellerie GmbH, member of VERKEHRSBUERO HOSPITALITY, we are part of a large-scale, operational environmental management. Through the diverse measures and targeted focal points in all areas of our hotel, we succeed in making an important contribution.
For our commitment, we are striving for a certification with the Austrian Eco-label for tourism businesses. This means that we will not only stick to existing measures, but also regularly review them and continuously set new goals.
The following topics are important to us:
1 Management & Communication
Environmental awareness is everybody's responsibility. We involve all our employees, suppliers and visitors in the implementation of our environmental policy:
- We communicate our measures & goals in writing and our environmental team strictly monitors the implementation. We raise awareness through ongoing training.
- We regularly review energy, water and chemical consumption figures as a basis for ongoing optimisation.
- We take social responsibility. For example, in addition to a daily and freshly cooked breakfast and lunch buffet, our employees are offered a comprehensive range of trainings, measures for a good work-life-balance as well as free medical advice on site and as needed. We enable our employees to get involved in charitable activities and support tourism training institutions through joint projects.
- We refrain from giving out promotional gifts - unless they are demonstrably sustainable.
- Out of consideration for the health of our visitors and staff, we run our hotel as a non-smoking hotel.
- Our hotel is accessible - for our guests with limited mobility we offer a room that has been equipped according to their needs. All public hotel areas (lobby bar, restaurant, function rooms) are accessible.
2 Resource conservation
Resource conservation is a central theme of our environmental policy, because many of our materials are not infinitely available:
- We save paper and reduce the amount of waste we produce every day by
- We keep the water flow rate of our showers, taps and toilets as low as possible through water-saving measures.
- We regularly clean and maintain our equipment in the hotel in order to counteract energy guzzlers. When purchasing new equipment, we consciously look for particularly energy-saving devices.
3 Environmentally conscious use of cleaning materials
- We have switched a large part of our cleaning products to an eco-certified line. To avoid waste, we purchase these in bulk or refillable bottles.
- We avoid the use of disposable hygiene products wherever it is possible.
- Our bed linen as well as our pillows and blankets are from controlled organic cultivation and tested for harmful substances.
- Our linen supplier demonstrates commitment to the environment with an environmental management system certification according to the international standard ISO 14001.
4 Quality enhancement through high-quality food
- In order to produce as little waste as possible, we do not use portion packs for food and use reusable containers.
- When selecting food, we pay attention to regionality. In this way, we avoid long transport routes and can offer seasonal products.
- When purchasing food, we pay attention to an increased organic share and are constantly striving to expand our focus on regional products.
- All our dishes are freshly prepared and we naturally avoid the use of food imitations.
- Our food waste is professionally collected by organic waste disposal companies and converted into environmentally friendly energy with the help of biogas plants.
5 Environmentally friendly mobility
- The hotel is very well connected by public transport and we reward our guests for an environmentally friendly journey.
- In front of the house we offer bicycles for a small fee.
6 A look into the future
We continuously review, question and improve the above measures and record them in an action plan. Together with all employees, visitors, partners and suppliers, we contribute to a better future.
If you have further ideas - we look forward to hearing from you! We wish you a pleasant and sustainable stay in our hotel.
Your Austria Trend Hotel Congress Innsbruck