Radisson Blu Park Royal Palace Hotel, Vienna goes green.
The Radisson Blu Park Royal Palace Hotel, Vienna, a hotel of the Verkehrsbüro Hotellerie GmbH and a member of the Verkehrsbüro Group, and all its employees are committed to sustainability, seek to conserve resources, strive for continuous quality improvements and make every effort to raise environmental awareness among employees, partners and suppliers.
For these environmental endeavours, we again received the Austrian Eco-Label for Tourism in May 2019. The award mainly focuses on the following areas:
In terms of environmental management, the Radisson Blu Park Royal Palace Hotel, Vienna will...
- provide all employees with the necessary training and refresher courses to uphold and enhance environmental awareness within the hotel,
- carefully review and optimise energy and water consumption and the consumption of chemicals,
- carefully select our suppliers in strive of a more environmentally friendly procurement,
- promote our environmental agenda to guests and suppliers and include them in our ambitions to protect and sustain the environment for future generations,
- show our social commitment by supporting charitable activities and joint projects with training centres for jobs in the tourism industry,
- take on social responsibility by providing our employees with free health care at the hotel and offering a wide range of courses to promote a better work life balance.
Conservation of resources by reducing waste and saving energy and water:
- Our hotel is connected to eco-friendly district heating.
- Our hotel has been built in an environmentally friendly way and is equipped with a modern building management system. This enables a fully automated, efficient use of energy in all hotel rooms.
- 100 % of electricity used at our hotel is generated from hydropower and green energy.
- We aim to minimise our water, waste and energy consumption by equipping all washbasins and showerheads with water-saving fittings.
- We have implemented a more efficient process design, including an electronic booking system, an electronic data storage system and electronic invoices to reduce unnecessary paper consumption.
- Information leaflets in all hotel rooms promote our environmental agenda to our guests. Recycling bins in the public hotel areas allow them to support us in our endeavour by sorting waste, making sure that valuable materials can be recycled.
- At the Radisson Blu Park Royal Palace Hotel, Vienna we only sell beverages that are supplied in reusable beverage containers.
Air quality improvement
- Out of consideration for our guests and employees we are a proud non-smoking hotel and would like to thank our guests for their understanding.
Quality improvement through food products of highest quality
- We work with local suppliers to avoid that our valuable food has to be transported over long distances.
- In our hotel kitchen we process eggs from happy free-range hens.
- We use organic food products.
- By sourcing fair trade products we improve the quality of our food and show our social commitment.
Saving the environment through green cleaning agents
- Our environmentally friendly certified hotel laundry supplier refrains from using fabric softeners and works on saving energy and emissions by using solar technology.
- At our hotel we use environmentally compatible cleaning agents and continuously work on minimising the use of chemicals.
- We try to avoid the use of disposable hygiene products as far as possible.
Environmentally friendly mobility
- We reward our guests, if they have travelled to our hotel in an environmentally friendly way.
- In addition, electric filling stations are available to our environmentally conscious guests all over Vienna and are continuously expanded in cooperation with our energy provider.
Taking a look into the future
- We regularly review and analyse our actions to ensure continual improvement in the future.
- By complying with and exceeding the standards of the Austrian Eco-Label we strive to receive the right to hand out the "Green Meetings and Green Events Eco-Label" in the near future.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel, wish you a nice stay and thank you for your assistance.
The team of the Radisson Blu Park Royal Palace Hotel, Vienna